All events and activities which take place on Belfast City Council land or property will require official approval from Belfast City Council to take place.
When planning an event or activity on the Greenway you will be asked to provide the following information:
- Event Inquiry Form – in this form you are asked to provide your contact details as well as a basic outline of the event you are planning and when/where it will take place.
- Small Event Plan or Large Event Plan – an event plan helps to make sure you have thought through everything required for the event from how the space will be kept tidy to booking suppliers and creating budgets. Please feel free to use one of our blank templates to guide you on how to complete one of these plans.
- Overall Event Risk Assessment – this allows you to assess any possible risks associated with the event so that you can work to reduce these risks. Please feel free to use our blank template to help you create an overall risk assessment for your event.
- Supplier Risk Assessments – depending on the event and whether you are booking suppliers (for example food vendors, arts facilitators, inflatables etc) you will be required to compile risk assessments from each supplier. Most suppliers will be able to provide these with little issue.
- Public Liability Insurance (PLI) – you will be asked to provide PLI documents for your organisation and for any suppliers used for the event e.g food vendors or face painters.
Once you have gathered all of these documents you will need to send them to BCC Outdoor Leisure at LeisureO@BelfastCity.gov.uk 30 days prior to the date of your event.
If this all seems a bit daunting to you please feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or Belfast City Council LeisureO@BelfastCity.gov.uk before compiling these documents for advice on how to start.